Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow. 2010.

Quick question...do you say "two thousand ten" or "twenty ten"?

Hard to believe a decade has passed since the year 2000. It's a decade that means so much to me as it marks our wedding (6-30-2000), and the birth of all our babies...2002...2004 and 2005. I suppose this is why time has flown at record pace...life was about ten times as busy as it was previously. Those early years with the kids were nuts...no sleep, always someone attached to my body, just a very rough time physically yet filled with so much excitement and joy as we discovered who the little lives we'd created would be. The kids are still a joy (and a pain) and we have definitely moved into a new phase of our lives. We sleep through the night. The kids can get their own drink of water. They can ride bikes and two of them can even work the television. There is a sense of freedom for Brian and I as we can comfortably leave them for an overnight here and there (with family...thank you!). I realize now though how quickly they are growing up and find myself clinging to the last little signs of babyness...the scary dream, the need to be held during a sad movie and I'll admit it, even the needing to wipe a little bottom here and there. Ok, that one won't be missed all that much:)

Here is to another wonderful ten years to all our friends and family. We feel so fortunate and blessed to have all we do and that includes you.

I am not one for voicing resolutions but I am saying it here...I will do better about keeping up on the blog.




4 comments:

julie said...

twenty ten. and I will hold you to your blog resolution!

Marjie said...

I have been waiting to say twenty ten, much easier than two thousand nine. Love your blog.

H said...

Brian here... You rock! Too hard to log out and log on... Love the post and love you and the crazy life much more!
bjb

H said...

Thanks Marjie! Not near as entertaining as Julie's though, she needs to publish Kickin' It.

I for one say Two Thousand Ten. Twenty Ten sounds too futuristic. I heard on the radio on the way to work the other morning that Twenty Ten is correct, and on the way home a different radio host said Two Thousand Ten was. Whatever!

Thank you Brian, xoxo to my one and only:)