Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Landstuhl

We took a trip to Germany last week.  Brian has to take a course to get promoted to Lt. Colonel (how are we this old already?) so we are kindly able to tag along.  We stayed in this fun hotel right below a castle and acres of woods filled with trails.  The kids, Molly and I hiked around for hours while Brian had a really exciting time in class.  The castle and hikes were great but I'm thinking the highlight of it all was the breakfast spread at the hotel.  I wish I had pictures.  All kinds of eggs and sausages (of course!), fruit, baked treats, muesli, great cheese selection and fabulous, endless amounts of coffee.  Yum.

View of town from hotel


hikers







All around Burg Nanstein
If anyone is curious about this place, here's a little more information...

home for the week


Look at the teeth on that boy!

fake teeth fun (and downright creepy)

The teeth are gross and were purchased at the worlds largest PX/BX.  So large there was even a Taco Bell and Macaroni Grill in there to name just a few.  Only military people can appreciate this and I have to admit we got our American junk food fix.  Only so much schnitzel one can eat!  

1 comment:

Marjie said...

I love reading about your stay in Belgium. Your darling children are looking European already. Love it!