Thursday, March 5, 2009

A Boy and his Dog



Matthew is great with Molly, loves to play with her and always on top of getting her food and water.  She is a mellow little puppy and seems to have outgrown most of her puppy quirks...as long as she has this fake bone to chew on the kids' toys are saved.  I had many moments during the first half of the deployment where I came extremely close to leaving her at the Humane Society or in front of an unsuspecting neighbor's house.   As good of a puppy as she was she was still a puppy and Deployment+New House+3 Young Kids+Puppy was a recipe for a Mommy Breakdown.  We hung in there thankfully and have what I now consider to be a wonderful family dog.  She is great with the kids and they love her dearly, and I enjoy her company after the kids are all asleep.  She doesn't ask for anything or make a mess, just wants to hang and watch a little House Hunters.  What's not to love?

1 comment:

Brian said...

Great pictures! Matthew looks so 'grown up' in the top one! He is getting big... wow. And I am glad he hammed it up for the last one - cute. Thank you for posting, and for not breaking down and taking Molly to a farm....

I love you and all that you do! You rock!!!
bjb